Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mimosa tree

Our Mimosa tree is actually native to New Mexico and not Kansas, so it usually doesn't leaf out until early June and or bloom until July. This year however, with the warm weather this spring, it leafed out late April and was blooming by in May!
 Last year I had mostly tried to get a picture of the illusive humming bird that visits in the morning and evening and didn't really focus on the flowers and leaves themselves. But this year the humming bird has yet to show, so in the meantime I'll content myself with the fluffy, delicate pink flowers, and symmetrical leaves. =)









My sister actually took this picture , with my camera , and it's a really good compostion .  =)



I really liked the way the light lit up one side of the leaflets, and left the other side darker.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts . . .