Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just park in the Park . . .

 . . . take out your camera and stay awhile. =)


The last time I was in this park with a camera, it was just my Kodak point-and- shoot, now, armed with my Nikon D5100 and 18-55mm lens, I was able to take actual photographs; not just snapshots.



Some of you might have caught that middle part of the sentence,  "armed with my Nikon D5100 and 18-55mm lens..." didn't she just tell us she LOVES the 1.8-50mm? 

While that's true, on the other hand, I knew I'd want a wide angle lens for specific shots like this:


So, sadly, I left my Precious at home and did the best with what I had, and got some rather good shots. Still, a lot of the time I was frustrated because that lens doesn't have a low enough aperture to isolate, say, a particularly interesting tree from all of it's crowding neighbors. I would have liked to focus on a tree near the path, then gradually blur the background to a gentle curve with still recognizable trunks and leaves fading into the distance . . . but that' will just have to wait till another time. =)

I also found that the Posterize effect works pretty well on leafy subjects, so I scattered a few throughout this post; let me know what you think! 

Posterize


Posterize



Posterize











Posterize




Posterize






        God Bless!

                                        ~Jenny  ♥
     

6 comments:

  1. ilovethepathwayphotos:) They look like a book cover or something!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm always fascinated by the way they lead you into and through a photo! =D
      Book cover...saaaaay, that's a good idea, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love them! And the posterize effect makes them look like paintings. =D

    xoxo,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it lends an especially dreamy feel to them...like you could just step into one of them. =)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! Me too! I'm glad you share my thoughts... =)

      Delete

Share your thoughts . . .