Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hill top Exploration // Las Cruces New Mexico

This was a really fun walk.
I started out with this adorable chocolate lab . . . 

1. 


But she's still a puppy and was therefore quite the bundle of energy . . . constantly wanting to either chase things in the bushes or "walk"  approximately 25 miles an hr. ;)

2.

Suffice to say, I was not able to take really any pictures with her along . . .

3.


 She just didn't know how to really to enjoy a walk- like to stop and pet the cute cacti for instance-
(just kidding I didn't pet THOSE cacti!!)

4.


And she kept scaring the quail . . . ;)

5.


So I took her back to the house and started off again, frequently stopping to catch the ever changing view. :)

It's kind of hard to see, but in the middle there, that's the valley of Las Cruces!

6.

Here's a zoomed in shot where you can kinda see it better:

7.

8.


Ever wander what kind of fences they have down in Las Cruces?
Cacti fences, that's what!! ;)

9.


10.

11.


Architecture appreciation . . .

12.

13.



These people... they had like 30 different kinds of cacti in their yard! Round, skinny, short, tall, prickly, blossoming, fuzzy, branching- I believe I stopped and just stared at them all for a good 5 minutes!
14.


This is one of them- it reminded of me of a rosebush with rosehips- just minus the leaves. ;)

15.

16.


Now this cactus- this is the one that is fuzzy- and you actually CAN pet it! I know because I did, and it wasn't a bit prickly. :D

17.



Zoomed in shot showcasing fuzziness:

18.



Ahhh...the lovely Sage bushes.
These beauties were taller than your average human! :D

19.


20.



Sage bush appreciation <3

21.

22.

23.



And then- I finally got to the top of the hill, and was rewarded for my trek in the sun with an almost 360 degree view! :D

This panorama I took with my phone captures about half of it:

24.

Behind me were the mountains:

25.

26.

27.

28

29


So many different kinds of desert plants!!

30

31


Organ Mountain range appreciation. 

32



and some more Architecture Appreciation. ;)
(and cacti variety appreciation) 

33


On the way back down, I finally saw a roadrunner!! Of all the times we've visited down there, somehow I've never gotten a decent look at a live roadrunner!

34

35



And then, to my great disappointment, HE DIDN'T EVEN RUN ACROSS THE ROAD

36


 The little stinker flew! So much for being a Road"runner" . . . 

37


Well that wraps up this post!

Hmmm...Guess I really should've named this the "Desert Views Appreciation" post! ;D Oops.

Tell me a bit about yourself though- have you ever been to New Mexico?

Was it like you were expecting? :D

 I feel like a lot of people haven't gone there, and can only guess at what the desert there actually looks like, and seeing as I've gone down there almost every year, I decided I should take and share pictures of the scenes I now tend to take for granted! :)

Hope you enjoyed this post!


Through His Grace,

                                     ~Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts . . .