Monday, August 20, 2012

Spicebush Swallowtail Butterfly!

So happy to get to see this butterfly again and take some better pictures, especially now that I know more about it. (If you want to see what I learned, you can read the blog post Here)
It was floating gently from blossom to blossom on our Mimosa tree, sipping the nectar from the fluffy flowers. (If you haven't seen a Mimosa tree before, you can click Here for my earlier blog post.)

Having got my "specimian shot", I then went for more unique compositions.
 






Here I purposely put the butterfly in between myself and the sun, so the wings would light up.

 I found this one amusing, it almost looks like the butterfly just dive-bombed onto the flower.   = D
In reality it was a little windy and the Swallowtail had a very bumpy lunch. Probably something like eating while on a galloping horse...!



1 comment:

Share your thoughts . . .