Saturday, July 20, 2013

Rainbows and Raindrops











Thinking about rainbows has brought that passage from Genesis to mind:

"And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations : I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh."
 ~ Genesis  9 : 12 - 15

I wrote down some of my thoughts in an earlier post , but I was thinking again about it and wondering why that story is in the Bible. I mean, the average person today never has any worries that the earth will flood. They see a rainbow and think it's pretty, but it doesn't make them think about anything else. So why does God still send rainbows? Is there something else they are to remind us of?

Then I remembered why God flooded the earth in the first place; mankind was wicked. All the people God created in His image to take dominion over the earth, were ignoring Him completely and trying as hard as they could not to take dominion. Out of ALL the people on the earth; only a handful still followed and loved their Creator. 

So, the rainbow is a comforting assurance; but also a reminder that we Christians can get off the path.
If I'm not careful and don't guard my heart daily, I can easily start making little choices that take my focus away from God and lead me in a different way.

Just some thoughts.




God Bless!
                                   ~Jenny  ♥

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I already commented, but I really, really love rainbows and thunderstorms:)

    And your last lines about guarding your heart... SO TRUE and I need that right now in my life:)
    I love the second photo and the fourth and fifth:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just saw another rainbow last evening! 8D
      Hehe, the second one is MY favorite too! I just love the sparkle of the drops; it happened to be one of those 'sunny rains' where it's sunny...but raining! =D

      Delete

Share your thoughts . . .