Friday, May 9, 2014

Goats!

As I mentioned before, I have a friend who makes and sells homemade goats-milk soap.
Their goats had kids a few weeks ago, and just a few days after the first couple were born, they invited us out to come see and take pictures of them!




 Goats are indeed well known for eating clothes, but this baby goat wasn't eyeing the skirt as potential food-

They were more interested in snuggling!  = )


As I've never been around baby goats before, I wasn't sure quite what to expect, so I was rather surpriseed when one of them rammed his little head gently into my knee like a puppy!

In fact, they were a lot like puppies, except that they didn't lick you, though they would kinda nibble on your fingers if you held them out...





This is Rachel.  =)





Caught this one trying to be 'grown up' and eat sticks or leaves from the mulch pile!




We spent most of the time running up and down the mulch pile, with them leaping, jumping and falling after us.  ;)






Somehow, it seems like this picture needs a caption; cause the one on the right looks like he's plotting something for his sister... 











Hope you all enjoyed those as much as we did!
Next I'll have another post or two of the spring foliage, then a post on the wedding I shot. =)


Through His Grace,

                               ~Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny!!! I love these!!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kallie!! =D It was so much fun to be around them.

      Delete

Share your thoughts . . .