Monday, October 8, 2012

An August sunset and How to Shoot the Moon ;)

Sunset first:





     I'd show you the actual sunset . . .but there weren't many clouds to showcase the color and most of the  trees were blocking it anyway, but I did get a little of it.  =)




How to Shoot the Moon:
First take a picture with your normal settings. (Preferably at dusk, before it's actually dark)


    Compare result with what you can see: In this case, the highlights are blown out.


Solution: Take your exposure setting down a couple stops.

As you can see, it helped quite a bit! Go as dark as your camera can . . .


   . . . Zoom in . . . .



And there you go, a lovely shot of the moon.  =)


~Jenny




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, i love the moon shot Jenny! I've tried to shoot the moon before but my camera doesn't zoom in that close unfortunately. Thats crazy beautiful though. Thanks for sharing(: The moon is one of my favorite creations God has made and let us revel in.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts . . .